Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Today's treat


To be honest, I didn't really enjoy Cheesecake Factory. Food? Ok. Price? Not that great. And most importantly I have to spend 7 dollars for a piece of their "famous" cheesecake which is packed with calories and sugar. (I think I should be paid to eat that even though it is delicious.)

I follow my 90-10 rule for food: 90% of time I eat for health, 10% of time I eat for taste. Even in that 10% of time I am still cautious. Some people think enjoying food is important and should not be sacrificed while I think pampering your stomach too much will cause other parts of your body rebel and moreover I am no gourmet.

But I did get my treat. In the bookstore at South Side, I found this attractive CD. Any piece played by Sviatoslav Richter casts magic spell and this time I was conquered before I even had the chance to listen to it.

The orchestra’s part is edgy and rough, sometimes lame and sloppy, but what a brilliant performance by Richter! I need more time to fully digest it.

No comments: